|Federation Booker is arguably the first pro game EVER to take you
behinds the scenes and give you control of your own wrestling promotion.
Federation Wrestling is all well and good, but that game was a mere
warm-up act - it's time for the main event! The fact that you won
control of "Federation Online" in the first game was no empty gesture
- in the sequel you step into the office and do it for real. Titled
"Federation Booker", this new game brings you the same action-packed
gameplay of Federation Wrestling PLUS a plethora of unsurpassed
management features. A promising combination if ever there was one!
Here's the definitive preview of what you can expect from the full
Federation Booker is arguably the first pro game EVER to take you
behinds the scenes and give you control of your own wrestling promotion.
We all know it's what every wrestling fan has always dreamt of -
but no other developer seems to appreciate that, leaving this lucrative
genre completely untouched. No longer though! This is potentially
the ultimate wrestling package, offering unsurpassed detail in AND
out of the ring. We all know about what happens in the ring - that's
what Federation Wrestling was about. So what 'booking' aspects have
been added to this new game
Federation Booker $14.99
All About The Ratings
The big difference is that this game is all about 'entertainment'.
Everybody knows that wrestling is 'fake' and this game is no different.
For the first time ever, it doesn't really matter who wins or
loses - you're playing for a good post-match score. Your matches
are accurately assessed and awarded a 5 star rating based on how
entertaining they were. Exactly what makes a match entertaining
is split into 2 parts: hype and execution. Your choice of match,
angle, and the wrestlers involved constitutes the hype - but that's
nothing without good ring action, and that's what you're responsible
for as a player. When you step into the ring you've got to use
your imagination and playing skills to steer the match in a fun
and coherent direction. Although there's an in-game display, the
crowd are your natural yardstick. Their volume is linked to how
entertained they, so you always get a good feel for how into a
match they are. You also know when they're not into a match, thanks
to the new "boring" chant! Although it signals the death of your
bout, it's always fun to hear. A good night of action will improve
the whole show's popularity rating, whereas a bad one will decrease
it - and that's where the long term game lies. The aim of the
game is to make Federation Online the most popular TV show in
A whole host of new wrestler statistics have been added
because of the booking. In addition to the existing ones there's
Charisma (how good they are at cutting promos and putting over
feuds), Toughness (how resistant they are to injury), Happiness
(how happy they are with their career), and Attitude (how well
behaved they are in real life). Additionally, some of the existing
stats have taken on new meaning. "Popularity" actually means something
now, as it's the key ingredient for an entertaining bout. It also
matters whether the characters are Heels or Faces because there's
a chemistry bonus when putting good guys against bad guys. There
are further statistics that relate more to business, such as how
old they are, how many matches they've worked, their weekly cost,
and their contract length...
The statistics fluctuate as they would in real life. Over time,
wrestlers can get better or worse in every single area. Some you
can influence, such as Popularity and Happiness which increase
with wins and decrease with losses. However, the physical statistics
are a little less reliable. Injuries and beatings take their toll,
and sometimes the only cure is to commit guys to the gym. Here
you can train any of the key attributes - but the trainee will
be held off the active roster until they return. How well they
progress depends on their Age and their Attitude. As in real life,
wrestlers reach a physical peak around the age of 35 - and from
thereon it's all downhill. There is one saviour for old and lazy
wrestlers alike though: chemical enhancement! At the risk of a
humiliating scandal, you can boost the effects of training by
Best of the Best:
A great stats feature is the ever-changing "World Leaders"
list, which calculates the best/worst wrestlers in the world.
There are some 20 categories, ranging from "Most Popular" to "Most
Troublesome"! It's your essential tool for assessing who the best
A wrestler's skills aren't your only concern though.
There are over 200 real-life events that can affect your company
and your wrestlers! At the beginning of every night you're met
with a news summary, where you will be kept abreast of all major
events. These can include reminders about a wrestler returning
from injury/absence/training, suggestions and complaints from
the locker room, wrestlers making friends and falling out, wrestlers
leaving, etc.. Then you've got news about your actual company,
which can include financial advice, roster suggestions, PPV reminders,
Meet The Neighbours:
The world doesn't revolve around Federation Online
though. You operate in a living and breathing world, featuring
a phenomenal 250 wrestlers spread across 7 talent pools! There
are 4 major wrestling promotions: your "Federation Online", the
WWF-inspired outfit "All American Wrestling", a British outfit
called "United Kingdom of Wrestling", and a Japanese promotion
called "Rising Sun Puroresu". In addition to those there's a "Wrestling
Schools" pool (full of impressionable trainees), a "Hollywood"
pool (full of celebrities), and a "Deceased" pool that immortalises
the wrestlers that have passed. Each promotion has it's own booker,
champions, popularity rating, and reputation rating. You are,
of course, the booker of "Federation Online". Upon first loading
the game you get to create your character, and the torch is then
passed to him in a special introductory promo...
Federation Booker Related Software:
- HOLIDAY FUN FOR KIDS - Holiday Game for Kids, Fun Game for Kids, 15 Kid Games in one with winter holiday theme, kids ages 3-12.
- 3D Live Pool - This game simulates pool on your computer with full 3-D environment and perfect 3Dd sound.
- SolSuite - Solitaire Card Games Suite - A solitaire lover's dream come true!
- Board Games Collection - A collection of four board games: Speed Lines, Super Blocks, Fast Balls and Real Clicks.
- Electra - Everybody wants to be a superhero: but some of us have to be electricians !
- Mahjongg USA - A stunning Mahjongg Solitaire, Mahjongg Towers Games tribute to all that makes the USA what it is today.
- Mah Jong Quest - More than an addictive puzzle game - a true cinematic experience.
- Secret Chamber - Unlock jewels of the King's Secret Chamber and discover the precious treasures.
- Slingo Deluxe Game - A fun and addicting game that doesn't require a ton of intense brain activity or quick reflexes - just relaxing fun!
- 3D BigBang - It is the first 3D breakout game which has combined the features of 3D Break-Out Games and 3D Pong Games.
- Bubble Bobble World - A remake of a popular classic game Bubble Bobble.
- Bricks of Egypt - Classic brick breaking action game uncover the secret treasures of tutankhamen.
- QuickSnooker - Snooker games and Snooker Pool Game for your Windows desktop !
- RotoBlox - A mixed collection of classic and newest tetris games.
- DVD Wizard Pro - allows you to Copy Xbox Games, Copy X Box PS2 Game with game Copy Pro and backup DVD
- Solitaire Plus games for MacOSX - Solitaire Plus! is a collection of solitaire games for MacOS X
Free to try