Internet Tools >
Transfer Protocol client. FTP Explorer looks and acts very much
like the Windows Explorer, offering a fun and easy way to transfer
FTP Explorer is a File Transfer Protocol client.
FTP Explorer looks and acts very much like the Windows Explorer,
offering a fun and easy way to transfer files.
The original explorer style FTP utility for Windows. FTP Explorer
provides an easy to use, explorer style view of FTP sites, with
drag and drop file transfers, transfer resume, background downloading,
multiple simultaneous connections, and much more.
Buy FTP Explorer
FTP Explorer is a 32-bit FTP application that is extremely simple
to operate, and makes moving files between the Internet and your
computer as simple as local file manipulation. Several features
of FTP Explorer make it stand head and shoulders above most other
FTP programs that are currently available.
FTP Explorer Key Featurs:
- Download or upload files to one or more servers while browsing
and selecting files to transfer on another. That's right!, FTP
Explorer handles all file transfer requests in the background,
so you don't have to wait while files copy to continue browsing
the current server. You can even connect to a different server,
and the program will automatically log off of the original server
once the requested transfer has completed.
- Can't connect? Not to worry. FTP Explorer will automatically
retry if the connection attempt fails. You can configure the
number of times it should try to connect, and the time delay
between connection attempts.
- Support for resuming interrupted file transfers. FTP Explorer
attempts to resume a file transfer if it detects a file with
the same name in the current download directory. This can save
you time and connection costs for those troublesome connections.
(Note: not all ftp servers support this option.)
- No more searching through that index file for the entry you're
looking for. FTP Explorer can automatically download and display
the proper description of each file with the file that it describes.
As an option, the program will automatically download the index
file on the server and display the file descriptions next to
the appropriate files while you browse. Several standard index
file formats are currently supported.
- The new Transfer Manager allows you to ascertain the details
of download or upload requests at a glance. The source, destination,
and status of each request is detailed in the Transfer Manager
window to keep you apprised of multiple connections, and make
it easy to see which files have been transferred
- Create file or directory FTP shortcuts on your desktop to
launch FTP Explorer and automatically connect to your most commonly
visited FTP sites.
- Like icons? Like descriptions? No problem. FTP Explorer uses
the Windows 95 style list boxes for displaying the contents
of remote servers. Toggle between large icons, small icons,
lists, or full descriptions of the files you are browsing. Its
intelligent tree view learns the directory structure as it goes.
- Windows 95 style right-click menus keep options at your fingertips.
The most commonly used options are only a mouse click away.
Menu options change based on the type of file or directory that
- Intelligent Command Queue enables background completion of
each command, so you don't have to wait on directory listings!.
Once connected to a server, FTP Explorer maintains a list of
commands to carry out which makes listing files and searching
the server much faster. Select the directories that you want
to browse as soon as you connect, and FTP Explorer will go to
work downloading the directory information and listing its contents
in the background while you continue to browse. As each directory
listing is completed, its color changes to let you know you
can view it without any delay.
- This thing caches it all! Each connection is cached in memory,
so moving back one or more directory takes a fraction of the
time that is necessary with most FTP programs. It also has an
option to cache entire sites so that you may peruse the site
off-line, then automatically connect when a download or upload
- The Quick Connect option lets you immediately connect to a
site without having to go through the usual song-and-dance of
adding a site to the profile list.
- Support for fpArchie is also included with FTP Explorer.
- Full Drag and Drop support. Simply drag one or more files
or complete directory structures -- onto the FTP Explorer's
file view area to transfer them to the location of the server
that is currently connected. Receiving files is also as simple
as dragging one or more files (or directories) onto your desktop,
or any other folder.
Explorer Related Software:
- FileCOPA FTP Server - FileCOPA FTP Server Software installs on any version of the Microsoft Windows operating system
- My FTP - very easy to use with a very easy click-and-use interface, yet extremely powerful and you will be FTP-ing within a minute!
- Crystal FTP - Top awarded FTP Pro Tool client for dummies, experts and for Microsoft Windows !
- ConcordFTP - A robust and easy to use FTP client for transferring files.
- BitKinex FTP Client - is a handy network client supporting multiple transfer protocols (FTP, FTP(S), SFTP, HTTP(S) and WebDAV).
- Evans FTP - ActiveX Control and COM DLL for FTP Programming.
- FTPEditor Pro - The advanced version of FTPEditor, the combination of a FTP client and a multi-document editor.
- FtpRight - A perfect tool for Web developers or anyone that moves files on the Internet.
- PowerFTP - A powerful FTP client/server software.
- Trilent FTP Proxy - The Trilent FTP Proxy is an application-level proxy.
- TFTP Server for Windows - Fast and Secure TFTP Server for Windows implemented as system service.
- Webmaster FTP - FTP program designed for webmasters whose sites are on UNIX-like hosts.
- FileAnt - A File Manager, multi-threaded Ftp Client and has features such as folder pie charts, and a viewer.
- 10-Strike FTPrint - Allows you to print text files faster under Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000 using your printer's text mode for printing !
- Eserv Servers - A very good Mail, News, Web, FTP and Proxy Server!
- Nofeel FTP Server - Set up your personal Windows FTP server and create your secure business Windows FTP server easily!
Free to try
Windows 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
Click to Enlarge