|Home | Editor Picks | New Releases | Submit | Sitemap | Contact | More...|
Internet Tools > Online Privacy
Mil Shield 5.0
Mil Shield protects your privacy by deleting all tracks from your online or offline computer activities: cookies, cache, history, INDEX.DAT files and all other tracks. There are some unique new features in this release: Selective cleaning (selectively preserves temporary Internet files, history and/or cookies for chosen by you safe Internet sites), Panic key combination, Automatic cleaning, Support for multiple user accounts.
Features of Mil Shield 5.0:
* NEW! Selective cleaning. Mil Shield 5.0 selectively preserves temporary Internet files, history and/or cookies for chosen by you safe Internet sites.
* Cleaning of Firefox tracks. cleans all kinds of Firefox tracks: cache, cookies, history, forms history, Search Bar history, downloads history, last download folder and saved passwords. It also resets start and search pages of Firefox. Note that all Firefox files are shredded before cleaning in order to make them irrecoverable.
* Automatic cleaning. You can schedule background cleaning at each startup or shutdown, or when the Internet Explorer is closed. While running in background Mil Shield 5.0 is completely invisible.
* NEW! Built-in scheduler. You can schedule Mil Shield 5.0 to clean at specific time intervals or once a day at specific time of day.
* Advanced cleanup scheduling. For more advanced users Mil Shield 5.0 offers additional way to automate making of silent cleanups. You can use the command-line utility ShieldAgent.exe to schedule silent cleanups at arbitrary times using Windows Task Scheduler, other scheduling program or batch script.
* Support for user accounts. On multi-user systems most of the tracks are user-specific. With Mil Shield 5.0 you can choose the user accounts that will be cleaned. This feature works both with user profiles in Windows 95/98/ME and with user accounts in Windows NT/2000/XP.