Software Development >
JAVA FOR KIDS 2.0
KIDS is an introduction to computer programming that provides an
interactive, self-paced tutorial to Java.
JAVA FOR KIDS is a tutorial consisting of 10 chapters explaining (in simple, easy-to-follow terms) how to build a Java application. Students learn about project design, object-oriented programming, console applications, graphics applications and many elements of the Java language. Numerous examples are used to demonstrate every step in the building process. The tutorial also includes several detailed computer projects for students to build and try. These projects include a number guessing game, a card game, an allowance calculator, a state capitals game, Tic-Tac-Toe, a simple drawing program, and even a basic video game.
JAVA FOR KIDS is presented using a combination of over 400 pages of course notes and actual Java examples. This material should be understandable to kids aged 10 and up. No programming experience is necessary, but familiarity with doing common tasks using a computer operating system (simple editing, file maintenance, understanding directory structures, working on the Internet) is expected. Included with the course is free, unlimited support and advice via e-mail.
JAVA FOR KIDS sells for $19.95. The course requires a Windows 98, Me, 2000, NT, XP, Linux or Macintosh operating system, ability to view and print documents saved in Microsoft Word format, and the Java Software Development Kit (a free download from Sun Microsystems).
- Abee CHM Maker Pro - program for easy making chm-files .
- Enhanced Notepad - windows notepad replacement
- Visual Text Template - Create and edit templates without having to type in a single line of code.
- Add Email ActiveX - create and send HTML email messages
- Aldo's Text-PDF PRO+ - converts text and image files to PDF
- Password Recovery Toolbox -cleaning and managing logins and passwords stored by Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.
- AWinstall - installation development software for creating small setups!
Free to try
Win 95,98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
10M free HD space