Word Shark for Windows 3
| Word Shark is a word finding game that features a local dictionary to validate words. In single player mode you race against time to find as many words as possible from a grid of letters.
Word Shark for Windows - Word Finding Game
Race against time to create as many words as possible
from a grid of letters. A local dictionary validates words 3-8 letters
long as you input on the keypad. Compare your words against others
in a multiplayer game over the internet. You can adjust the grid
size, change the game length and number of rounds per game. This
word finding game is a real challenge. It is designed for people that love puzzle word finding games,
and love a challenge. Adults will lose themselves for hours. It's
also a great learning tool for kids.
|Word Shard Game Play: Word Shark is
a word finding game that features a local dictionary to validate
words. In single player mode you race against time to find as many
words as possible from a grid of letters. In multiplayer mode each
player is given the same set of letters and the same time period
to locate words. After the last turn is played, a summary is shown
for all players and word lists are displayed. At this point you
may compare words and discover ones that you missed. The play continues
with the next round until all rounds are complete.
Making Words: Hitting letter buttons in sequence creates words.
For example to create the word ‘CAT’ hit the ‘C’
button, then ‘A’, and ‘T’. Each button pressed
must be connecting either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally
to the previous button. After each button is pressed the Word Shark
looks up the sequence of letters in its dictionary. If it finds
a matching word it adds it to the list on the right and erases the
highlighted buttons. Plurals are also accepted. If you see the following
letters ‘CATS’, you would 1st spell the word CAT and
increment your score. Immediately after spelling CAT, you repeat
the sequence but add a ‘S’ thus creating the word ‘CATS’
and scoring twice. Also look out for letters that create words when
used forwards or backwards, for example ‘TAB’ and ‘BAT’.
If you misspell a word, you may erase the entire word and start
again by pressing the 'clear' button, or use the 'backspace' button
to remove the last button typed.
Game Scoring: Words are scored based on the number of letters used. The
default scoring is:
word containing 3 letters: 1 point
word containing 4 letters: 2 points
word containing 5 letters: 4 points
word containing 6 letters: 8 points
word containing 7 letters: 16 points
word containing 8 letters: 32 points
- Word Finding Game for Windows Related Software:
- Aqua Bubble - Aqua Bubble Being unable to stop the bubbles invasion, Aquatic cried out for help.
- B-Puzzle for Windows - The electronic version of the classic sliding puzzle game.
- ClickPuzzle - A fun arcade-style puzzle game for Windows.
- Enigmo Game - A 3D puzzle game where you move various streams of flowing liquid so that the droplets get to their destination.
- Fruits - A maddeningly addictive puzzle game with a casino flair.
- Jigtopia Jigsaw Puzzle - The perfect jigsaw puzzle game that is guaranteed to give you hours of fun.
- Magic Vines - A puzzle magic vine game like no other! Play Magic Vines Game you will forget all your time !
- Puzzle Myth - A totally new twist on classic puzzle game.
- Pharaohs' Treasure - A fast and addictive puzzle game.
- Puzzle Word Game - It is one of the rare games that are simple to play but really do take a lifetime to master.
- Word Search Deluxe - A truly amazing version of Word Search Deluxe of the most popular word games ever invented.
- Word Emperor - A new compelling Crossword Puzzle Maker, crossword puzzle game to make a crossword Puzzle for you!
- Puzzle Inlay - You are offered over 60 picture puzzles to inlay with gems. You can select one of the three missions.
- Snowy: Puzzle Islands - From the creators of Snowy comes a new mind-warping puzzle: Puzzle Islands!
- Slay Game - A simple to learn Fun Brain Game, brain teaser puzzle game of strategy and cunning set in medieval times.
- Crossword Designer - easily add crossword games to your website! Completed crosswords run in any java-enabled browsers!
- Mystery Island II - Takes elements from puzzle games, adventure games, and science fiction to create a fun and interesting experience
Free to Try
Win 98 ME 2000 2003 XP
20 Mb free hard drive space
128 MB RAM
Click to Enlarge